:: Anjani Portland Cement Limited ::
  About Us > History

Our Company was incorporated as Shez Chemicals Limited on December 17, 1983 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. A fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name of our Company to Shez Cements Limited was issued on October 17, 1985. Subsequently, pursuant to a special resolution of the Shareholders dated September 30, 1999 the name of our Company was changed to Anjani Portland Cement Limited. A fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name of our Company was issued on October 7, 1999.

 

Our Company was promoted by Syed BadruddinShez and Syed Naseeruddin along with two Non-Resident Indians, Imtiaz Ali Faheem and Hyumayun T Quereshi. Our Company made an initial public offering in 1994 and listed its Equity Shares on the BSE Limited and the Hyderabad Stock Exchange. Subsequently, during the year 1999, our Company was acquired by the K.V Vishnu Raju. Our Company’s Equity Shares were delisted from the Hyderabad Stock Exchangepursuant to a SEBI order dated January 25, 2013 permitting the exit of the Hyderabad Stock Exchange, as a Stock Exchange.

 

On March 12, 2014, our Promoter(Chettinad Cement Corporation Limited) entered into a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) with the erstwhile promoters of our Company for acquisition of upto 61.62% of the Equity Share Capital. Further to the SPA, our Promoter made an Open Offer under the SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011, to acquire up to 26% of the Equity Share Capital. Pursuant to the Open Offer and the SPA, our Promoter acquired 17.09% and 57.91% of the Equity Share Capital, respectively. After the completion of the Open Offer, our Promoter holds 75% of the Equity Share Capital.